(DOS32/WIN32, 828 kB)
What's new in this release? (001006)
Here's a little description of the lib (straight outta the unfinished manual):
"This is a library that ties together the DOS and Windows versions of
Euphoria with a common API (Linux support might be added in the future).
The purpose of this is to have multimedia applications (games, demos etc) running under
both DOS and Windows without having to change anything in the program code. Also,
the appearance and behaviour should ofcourse be as similar as possible under both OS:s."
- Uses VESA (alt. VGA) under DOS. Windowed mode or fullscreen DirectDraw under Windows.
- Supports 8-, 15-, 16- and 24-bit color-depths and a variety of resolutions.
- Includes a large number of (non-harware accelerated) blitters. Among the available effects
are: stretching, mixing, alpha-blending and rgb-addition (lighting).
- Bitmaps can be loaded and saved, converted between different color-depths etc.
- Supports Jiri Babor's .f fonts.
- Uses the BASS audio library under Windows. There's no soundsystem available for DOS at the moment (stubs are used to preserve platform-independance).
- Supports most available soundcards. 3D-sound, A3D and EAX are supported if available.
- Supports playback of MP3/MOD/STM/XM/IT files.
- You can set up your own stream-decoding callback to play whatever format you like (I'm not saying that it'd be easy..).
- The keyboard routines are pretty much complete. No mouse/joystick stuff yet.
- Even though the library is quite powerful it's still fairly easy to use as most things
are hidden inside the library "core". However, the biggest advantage of this library is that
the programs you write will run under both DOS and Windows without any modification.
Here are a couple of snapshots from some programs that I've written using Jarod:
Snapshot from jtest04.ex(w).
Snapshot from playmod.ex(w).
Snapshot from sprites.ex(w)
Snapshot from fire.ex(w).
Snapshot from ray.ex(w).
Two windows at the same time (click for fullsize).
(On an AMD K6-2 300Mhz / 128MB RAM / crappy gfx card)